Saturday, February 26, 2011

True Evil

Via Hecate, who--seriously--is a witch, and proud of it, on the public demonstrations in Wisconsin last week:

There is something so cynically evil/evilly cynical about first giving big tax breaks to those of us in the upper 2% and then declaring that "there's no more money" to pay basic benefits to those who keep our traffic moving, educate the next generation, put out fires, investigate child abuse, inspect our food, etc., that it's almost difficult for me to wrap my mind around it. I don't want to live in that world. I don't want my G/Son to have to live in that world.

I echo that sentiment for the Mister Tristans of this world (the human being, not the blog), who at age 3 is just full of the joy of play and of being securely loved.  He doesn't know yet that there is true evil in this world, in the guise of seeming respectability.

No comments:

Post a Comment