Monday, March 26, 2012

The Cryptones...and Ultrarunning

I have a pet memorial business on the side (I'll get around to posting about it sometime soon), and am a member of the Pet Loss Professionals Alliance (PLPA) segment of the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association (ICCFA).

Seems that the ICCFA offers continuing education training for its members.  At a one-week session to be held at the University of Memphis this summer, I see this note in the schedule of workshops and seminars:


The Cryptones: Back by Popular Demand

The hardest-rocking band in funeral service is back for one show only, July 23 at 7:30 PM in the Holiday Inn ballroom.


Mark your calendars!


The link to Ultrarunning?  I get gallows humor, and engage in it whenever I possibly can.  I am not appalled by this 8-person band, I think it's great!  On the Ultra scene, I recall one year at the JFK 50 miler where I just could not seem to remain vertical.  I fell several times and finished somewhat bloodied and embarrassed.  I had been trying to better a previous time on the course and was seriously disappointed that my time was way slower than I expected. 

At the finish, my running buddy's only comment was, "You probably would have finished higher if you hadn't lost the cat fight."

We had a good laugh.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment