Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tales from the Perimeter: An Order of Magnitude

Perimeter meaning the 6 mile patrol road inside the fence of the military installation on which I work, where some half a dozen of us comprise a pool of running “talent” and strive to show up for a noontime run a couple times a week if we can escape our desks. We share a lot and these guys are one of the core pillars of my sanity.

Just exchanged some email with my retired running buddy, Steve.  I see him a couple times a year when all of us get together for a memorial run to the good old days.


I guess I blew him away once when I was talking about some Ultra training run or another.  The distances we run, once incredible to imagine, have become routine.  It's all a matter of training.


Here's what he just wrote:


And Gary,,,,,,the best Gary story I tell to my other workout bud's.....when we would say goin out for a long run this weekend, 7-10 mile....you said "gonna go out for 6.....hours, that is"......you are incredible......


 

No comments:

Post a Comment