Monday, December 1, 2014

My Toy Train Group Saves the Day!

The following exchange appeared on my Yahoo Marx Trains group list serve last week (obviously the spammers send to everyone in the victim's address book). 

I tidied up the names and emails: 

3a 

From Bill M...Help!! 

Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:26 pm (PST) . Posted by: 

Bill M

Hello,

 I Hope you get this on time, Family and  i made a trip to Kiev, Ukraine and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and personal effects therein. The embassy has just issued me a temporary passport but I have to pay for a ticket and settle my hotel bills with the Manager. I have made contact with my bank but it would take me 3-5 working days to access funds in my account, the bad news is my flight will be leaving very soon but I am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until I settle the bills, I need your help/LOAN financially and I promise to make the refund once I get back home, you are my last resort and hope, Please let me know if I can count on you and I need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way I can reach you. I owe you.

Regards,
Bill M

3b 

Re: From Bill M...Help!! 

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:13 am (PST) . Posted by: 

Paul Y 

Good news, Bill!

We have gotten together and sold all of our tinplate trains to pay your
bills. It didn't come to enough money, but luckily, we just got word from a
lawyer in Uganda that we have just inherited a huge fortune there from a
relative there we never met. We wired the proceeds of the train money to the
lawyer who promises to get us the fortune as soon as possible. Tell the
manager of your hotel that the money is coming. Sit tight. Don't move a
muscle. We promise to get back to you real soon. Honest.

Regards,
Paul Y


No comments:

Post a Comment