Monday, January 19, 2015

Rev. Martin Luther King...and Ultrarunning

Here's a repost of a short post I previously did to commemorate this day:


Simple words, appropriate for the day, that have gotten me through many a rough patch in ultra races across these United States:


We have the right to walk to Montgomery if our feet will take us there. -- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.


I had the good fortune during my working career of traveling to Atlanta numerous times.  Whenever possible I would work in a run in the city, for it was downtown where I usually stayed.  On one trip I ran over to the Ebenezer Baptist Church and the National Park Service site that commemorate Dr. King.

I found myself just sitting there crying over the stupidity and fear and hatred that deprived the world of this visionary man.



Image credit FindAGrave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment