Sunday, April 5, 2015

Cats in Art: Red Ocean Cat (Kotoit)

From my continuing series of cats in art, a final item from our recent Key West trip.

If I recall correctly, this June 2014 painting hangs in a gallery (one that permits photography), and is for sale.  Unfortunately I cannot recall the particular gallery, of which Key West has many, and among which we spent several pleasant wandering hours.

If the painting grabs you, better hop on a plane and start the gallery search!


Painter is Zbyczek Kotoit, June 2014.  Size is perhaps 18" x 24".  Did not note the title, but for purposes of this post I'm simply calling it Red Ocean Cat.

I love how the image is kinda quirky and oceany, and for me was a classic example of the local art.

We had just come from lunch in a busy outdoor bar.  When the bartender brought our drinks, he asked where we were from, and when we told him Pennsylvania, he merely commented, "Why?"

To me, that conversation and this painting epitomized Key West.


No comments:

Post a Comment