Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cats in Art: Woman With Cat (Picasso)

From my continuing weekly Sunday series of cats in art. I am using some ideas from the coffee table book, The Cat in Art, by Stefano Zuffi.  This is the second of several posts on the cat art of Pablo Picasso.

Note that last week I could not develop my promised Picasso post, so I went with a rerun of a Gauguin.  Picasso returns today!!





Image credit WikiArt.   Woman with Cat, Pablo Picasso, 1900, pastel on paper, size unspecified, held in a private collection.


This unknown woman obviously loves her kitty.  While the woman is much larger in the frame, the cat actually occupies the dead center and is where my eyes are drawn.  The cat seems relaxed and quite content to be enveloped in the loving arms of the woman--after all, what's not to like: laying on the covers of a bed, being petted?



Gary note: With my Cats in Arts posts, I encourage you to scope out the art appreciation site Artsy (I have no financial interest in the site, I just like it), where you can explore many aspects of the world of art.  You'll certainly be entertained and enlightened!



No comments:

Post a Comment