Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Concise Philosophy of Ultrarunning

Some weeks back I decided I'd try to get back a bit closer to the original impetus for this blog back in 2010: the sport of Ultrarunning. The bride recently pointed out that over the years I had kinda veered more and more into the philosophical and political.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

So, many of us know this famous quote. It was used yesterday (4 Jan) as the quote of the day on my homepage, REFDESK, and I could not help but realize just how well it nails the essence of Ultraruning in just 4 succinct lines of verse:

To see a world in a grain of sand,

And a heaven in a wild flower,

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,

And eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake

Now go for your trail run and (re)capture the magic.  Be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment