Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Another Thought on Rambling...and Ultrarunning

Following this post on rock music and rambling that I posted back in December, I teased the bride, telling her that I was now ready to do some rambling myself, "...but I don't need no woman tagging along."

She says, "Fine, enjoy your ramble, but I know you'll be back soon."

Me: "But what if I'm not?"

Bride: "Because you're always losing or misplacing something, that's why.  And I'm always the one who finds it."

Me: "I don't get it, what's that got to do with anything?  I've got to ramble!  And maybe even gamble!"

Bride:  "Here's why.  The first time you lose something, you'll come back.  Fast.  And I'll say like I always do, let's retrace your steps.  So, where have you been rambling?"

At which point we both cracked up.

The connection to Ultrarunning, of course, is that it's a harmless way to ramble.  And that I'm a lucky rambler to have this woman in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment